Car Rental at Paris AirportLooking for Car Rentals? Discover All the Paris Airport Car Hire Options
CDG Paris Airport Car Rental
A Paris airport car rental can give you a free hand. Being able to go anywhere, whenever you feel like it, a car rental guarantees autonomous transfers while saving you time from standing in line for a taxi, heading to the nearest station, and waiting for the next bus/train/tram. What’s more, by driving your own car, you avoid the usual hassle entailed by public transfers and you enjoy safe journeys without the risk of getting scammed or pickpocketed. Furthermore, providing parking isn’t an issue, you get to drive to the exact location of your destination without wandering around the city trying to find your destination while dragging your luggage with you. Are you traveling with company, children, or large equipment? By choosing the right car type for you, you can travel in comfort and relish every moment of your Paris rides. Finally, when renting a car, you can explore more, discover attractions otherwise unreachable, and get to know Paris on your own terms and pace.
Have you reached your decision, and you are now in search of the top car rental deals at CDG Airport? As expected, the biggest airport in Paris and one of the busiest worldwide provides its passengers with plenty of car rental options. International car rental agencies and local providers are on tap at Charles de Gaulle Airport, with value-for-money car rental offers and not-to-be-missed bargains.
Car Rental Companies at Paris Airport
Well-known car rental agencies and smaller yet highly efficient national providers are present at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport. Thus, a wide variety of car rental types along with appealing deals and many side amenities are provided to passengers landing at CDG Airport and wishing to continue their journey in Paris on their own:
|Car Rental Company||Terminal 1||Terminal 2A/C/D||Terminal 2E||Terminal 2F||Terminal 2G|
|TT Car Transit||✔||✔||✔|
Note: Besides the car rental companies with desks at the airport terminals, various other agencies provide car hire services at CDG Airport, although their pick-up points are further from the airport, etc.
Our Guidelines for Renting a Car at Paris Airport
- If you want to secure the best value for money car rental at CDG Airport, you should make your reservation as soon as possible. In that way, you’ll find the lowest prices and the top deals and offers.
- To save money from your car hire experience, you should refill the vehicle before returning it, as car rental companies tend to charge a lot for fuel.
- Picking up your car from another location besides the airport is highly inconvenient. Still, it will probably be cheaper.
- Choosing the right drop-off time can also be money-saving. The cost of each car rental is calculated per 24h. Hence, if you exceed the 24-h time, you may be charged for an extra day.
- Although absolutely necessary, the insurance for your CDG car rental is an extra cost. Thus, you should check if your credit card offers any type of coverage concerning car rentals. In any case, full insurance is highly recommended for a safe and stress-free driving experience in Paris.
- Do you want to add some extras to your car rental lease (GPS, additional driver, etc.)? Be prepared for a supplementary fee!
- To rent a car at Paris Roissy, you’ll need to hand over your driver’s license, your ID, and a credit card. Some car rental offices may accept debit cards as well.
- An International Driving Permit (IDP) isn’t obligatory in Paris if your license is written in the Roman alphabet. However, if your country of origin is outside the EU, issuing one may be proven handy during your travel.
- The age limit for renting a car in France is 21 years. Moreover, at least one year of driving experience is necessary to rent your car at Paris Airport. Nevertheless, some car rental agencies require a 25-year minimum age, at least when it comes to luxury cars. Overall, young drivers usually pay an extra fee.
- The car hire drop-off spots are located close to the Departures area of CDG terminals.
- Many car rental offices provide after-hours services (upon payment), but, in general terms, the car rental desks are open from the first to the last flight.
- You can find the exact car type you want at Paris Airport (mini, economy, convertible, luxury, family, sedan, SUV, or even minivan).
- Before setting off for your airport transfer, take some pics of the vehicle to have proof of existing damages.
- Always respect the French road rules. For instance, you should never drive in the bus lane, use your mobile when driving (unless you have a Bluetooth function), transfer kids younger than 10 years without a child seat, and, of course, not wear your seatbelt. Keep in mind that in case you get fined, the car rental company will send you the traffic ticket added to the sending fees.
How difficult is it to rent a car in Paris at CDG?
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport shelters various car rental companies. From international agencies to local providers, passengers have access to plenty of car hire options. Therefore, renting a car at CDG Airport is an easy task. Nevertheless, online pre-bookings can save you money (as you’ll find the best deals) but also time from the relevant procedures at the airport.
Where do I pick up Enterprise rental cars at CDG?
The Enterprise car rental desks at CDG Airport are located at terminals 1 and 2. Hence, the Enterprise office at T1 lies near Entrance 20 of Arrivals level, whereas in T2, two desks are to be found: one at the Shopping zone of T2A/B/C/D and one at the Arrivals zone of T2E/F. The offices are open from 06:00 am to midnight.
Where is Hertz rental car at CDG?
The agency of Hertz at CDG T1 is placed close to the international Arrivals area, while another desk lies in the Shopping area of T2A/B/C/D, at level -1. Hertz is also present at T2E/F, near Entrance 2, as well as outside T2G, on the way to Parking PG. The Hertz agencies operate from the first to the last flight, except for the T2G desk open from 07:00 am to 10:00 pm.